viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

Danger!


I have to say that I am not a good example to talk about environmentally friendly practices, because, of all possible, I make very few.

When I live we are not to incorporate the recycling, and we don’t have the habit to separate the different types of waste, sorting and recycling. I think this is because it is a practice with little time in Chile and because no one in my house has learned to do it.

However, and despite we have a car, I prefer to travel on public transport and I know that with this I am helping to protect the environment. I like to use my legs to transport me for one place to another.

In addition, I have reduced my intake of water, when I shower or when we water the garden. Also we tried to use less electricity, unplugging the stereo, TV and computer when not in use. Thus, we are reducing our carbon footprint.

I support the work of eco-organizations, because I think this helps us to recognize that our planet is in danger to disappear. Although I never have participated in a great demonstration of eco-organizations, I rejoice every time they defend the vegetations, they protest against the major air pollution industries or when they protest against animal abuse.

For other hand, in Santiago there are very few green areas and theses are only in the centre and they aren’t in the places of periphery. There are very few parks and vegetations and, instead, proliferate polluting industries.

Every time we throw a paper on the floor, we are facilitating this possible disappearance. Obviously, this disappearance is not only the planet, but ours as humanity. We have to change our conscience and I must begin by changing the first time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario